

A couple of months ago our wards relief society decided to do 'I Spy Quilts'. I made 36 identical pieced squares and so did the rest of the women, then we got together and swapped squares. All of the prints are fun objects that kids could identify! I thought that conference weekend would be a great time to start quilting it! I am not tieing it, I am actually quilting it! After I started quilting I realized how much work it was going to be! Luckily Dan learned how to quilt in his younger years, and he offered to help. After about 30 mins of quilting he said that he was sick of quilting. I asked why he got tired so fast if he had quilted before? He said that when he was younger he would come and quilt awhile, then Mom would take over and finish for him! I thought that was cute! To say the least, Dan has put in over 5 hours of quilting so far!
4 comments:
Awesome, Dan! What a trooper! I hope your fingers don't hurt to badly. Emilee, congratulations on your first quilt. It looks great! I can't wait to see the finished product!
Wow, that's such a great idea! It looks great with all the fun colors and such. I should have you teach me how you're quilting it. I have a quilt I started 3 1/2 years ago that I want to quilt instead of tie. Good luck finishing it up.
Wow impressive..looks good!
That is an awesome quilt! I tried quilting once..not my cup of tea!! Way to go Dan, Mark will pull out some impressive talents like that every so often too...I love it!
Post a Comment