Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sea World

While my sister is visiting us, we decided to take a day off, make the trip to San Diego and check out Sea World. It was her first time, Jack's first time (of course), my first since I was 10, Dan's first since he started acting older than 10, which was 4 years ago (I'm not dissing on Dan, that's his own joke). Here's a pic of the crew minus one, waiting for the Shamu show to start. Jack was taking a cat nap at the time, trying to beat the heat (it was pretty darn HOT).The one and only SHAMU!!!By the look on his face, you can tell that Jack is still unsure of dolphin kisses. Our little fam, right after Jack made his first appearance out of his long morning slumber, he is still a little groggy here. He really slept from 7 am til 1pm, only breaking to sleep eat for a few minutes. I think the heat made him sleepy. He was really good though, such a little trooper.

I got to touch my first Starfish!!!



We love Happy Jack!

The Sea Lion show was one of my favorites.

We tried to give Jack his first encounter with a bat ray. This picture is right before he spit up in the tank. I hope rays like regurgitated milk!


Dan and Jack with the flamingos, this is about as much sun as Jack got the whole day, we were really freaky about keeping him out of it, I wish we could say the same about ourselves!

We had a great time at Sea World. By the end of the day, I was wishing that it was me that Dan was carrying over his shoulder, Lucky Jack!


6 comments:

Jenni McVey said...

So fun! We want to come to California!!! Jack just keeps getting cuter and cuter!

Robyn said...

Sea World is great, it looks like you guys had tons of fun! That last picture of Dan and Jack is funny! He's getting so cute, he's growing! :)

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

Good, I'm glad you guys decided to go to Sea World, I love that place! Did Kaylee enjoy it? Sounds like Jack did with all that sleeping he did. Or should I say sounds like mom and dad had a good time since he was sleeping all day.lol.

Laurie said...

What fun! I love the last pic with Dan and Jack- so cute!

Elise said...

You know, it's sad when I notice the spit-up marks on other baby's outfits because I'm constantly looking for them on my own baby! It's becoming a habit. I think sometimes Joey goes through 10 outfits a day :)
And that made me laugh so hard that he spit up in the bat ray tank!
That's cool you guys got to go :)

Camille Heidbrink said...

FUN!!! I love Seaworld ! your little family is so cute :)