Sunday, November 8, 2009

Yardwork

A couple of days ago I decided that our flower beds and garden needed weeding. It has been in the low 80's recently and quite nice during the day. I let Jack enjoy the outdoors in his Exersaucer while I worked. He loved watching the sprinkler move back and forth.

The great thing about living in Southern California is that growing season is a year round thing. We took out our summer garden a month ago and planted our winter garden. It consists of carrots, peas, beets, broccoli, and green onions.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jenni McVey said...

What fun to have a garden year round! Jack looks like he enjoys being outside! Yeah for mild weather!

Elise said...

I'm so jealous! You should see my garden plot...it looks like a wilderness waste land :(
I'm just a little anxious for spring - I've already planned out a to-scale veggie garden for next year :)

Caldwell said...

Wow, you are ahead of me...I haven't even finished cleaning up our summer garden yet so I'm doing it a section at a time as I go!

Laurie said...

ah, winter gardens, warm weather- what is that like?!

Marti said...

I forget you have a year long growing season. We are frozen out here. Great garden!