Today I went to a Hindu Women's Conference in Chino Hills. Their Hindu Women's Organization invited a couple women from our stake to attend. I really wanted to go and it was an amazing experience! We were taken on a tour, our guide was very informative and explained a lot of the symbolism. Below is the Shri Swaminarayan Mandir (place of worship). Everything was so ornate and beautiful. I was allowed to take pictures of the outside but not inside, I really wish you could have seen it! Each time that we went into a building we had to remove our shoes. 
This was their conference hall. The conference was on "Nurturing Families, Shaping Communities". The speakers were very good. It is interesting to learn about the similarities between our two religions.
This was one of the fountains. The seashell symbolizes peace.
Sister Ward and I really stuck out. We were one of the few that weren't dressed in the beautiful traditional clothing. I wish I could have taken more pictures of these beautiful women in their dresses and jewels on their forheads! If you ever wondered about the purpose of the dot or jewel on the forehead is called tilaka and is considered the minds eye or idea of meditation and spiritual enlightenment.
3 comments:
Awesome...what a neat experience!
Wow, what a great experience!
That is so cool! How interesting.
Post a Comment