Monday, May 24, 2010

Jack's First Concert

We were surfin the net a couple days ago, and found out that Jack Johnson is starting off this year's tour by playin a free concert, on the Santa Monica Beach. We decided it was time for our Jack to experience his first concert before he gets too old (can't believe he turns one tomorrow)! Dan came home at lunch and we headed to the coast early so we could be the traffic and the crowds. We got a chance to check out the pier, do some people watching and relax on the beach.


So this movie is sideways, but funny! Jack was watching a kite in the distance and I happened to catch this moment on video. I think its hilarious, does that make me a bad mom?
Jack (Johnson) came out early to do a sound test and played a couple of songs. It was almost more enjoyable than the actual concert, since there weren't many of us on the beach at that time. It got crazy crowded right before the concert. Dan and I were pretty cold (the temp was in the upper 50's), so we were glad we brought blankets and our portable heater (Jack). It was so fun to hear Jack Johnson live and to be some of the first to hear his new music coming out on his new album next week.
Jack was a trooper and had a lot of fun. One year old and living life to the fullest! Stay tuned for B-day pics.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

That looks like you guys had a blast! I'm glad you went! I'm glad your smiley little portable heater had fun too. I wanted to try to stop by today and say happy birthday to Jack. I will call you!

Elise said...

jealous. so jealous :) That's awesome that you get to do fun things like that! Maybe some day we will live near a beach...(*sigh*)

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

oh man, free Jack Johnson concert!! Wish we would have known about that! Happy Birthday Jack!