Thursday, July 15, 2010

Visit to Utah

We decided to go to good old Utah to visit family! We went with Dan's family to Mirror Lake in the Uinta's. It was so beautiful! We took the canoe out and did some fishing. Jack had fun exploring with Oma.
We had a great time at the Tracy Aviary in Salt Lake. Jack loves birds right now so it was very appropriate. Jack and Opa. Jack and cute Addie are 2 1/2 months apart. He really had a fun time with all of his cousins!Uncle Travis and Dan put on a firework show for us. Jack wasn't so sure about it. He kept doing this nervous laugh that seemed to say, " This is making me nervous, but I am going to try to be happy about it".
Jack was amazed with all of the fun animals around Grandma and Grandpa's house!

We went with my family to see the Fremont Indian State Park. It was really cool to see real indian artifacts and hieroglyphics. Here we are in a duplicated pit house.

Jack liked to play the piano with Grandma.
My family wanted to have a early celebration for my birthday so we had cake and opened presents! Since they didn't have candles to say 24, I chose to be 18! I like that Dan is blowing out the candles with me.




Jack is always so good on the 9 hour trip. We had a great time in Utah, however we are excited to be home again!

5 comments:

thenairpair said...

Little Jack is so cute! You look so happy :) I like your blog, thanks for letting me know about it!

Caldwell said...

How beautiful! Sounded like a lot of fun. I wish our girls traveled better.

Cute haircut.

And Happy Birthday!

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

Sounds like a fun time! Jack looks like a big boy in that last picture.

Anna White said...

I am glad you guys are home too. Then you'll be there to greet us at the end of the week. Can't WAIT!

Jenni McVey said...

We miss you guys already!!! It was so fun to see you! Hope to see you soon in the Southern California sun...maybe October!!!!!!