Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Rite of Passage

Another rite of passage has come and gone in our house. Jack graduated from his crib to a 'big boy bed'! He did turn 2 years old over a month ago, however he has never showed desire to climb out of the crib so I have been putting off the idea. As with all things of this nature, you give up a little more control. Here is Jack helping Dan transition his crib into a big boy bed. Jack was so excited about the whole thing he made up a song about it. I was glad I caught it on video!





When it was time to go to bed that night Jack was a little sceptical. He asked me if I would take away his big boy bed or close it (meaning he wanted to be locked up again)! He is fine with it now and hasn't abused the freedom. I look forward every morning to hear his door open and him wander out. My little boy is all of a sudden not so little.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

So cute:) Sienna just switched to her crib from her cradle a while back so it feels like her first big girl bed:) They grow up so fast!

The Mehr Family said...

It's amazing how fast these milestones happen!