Wednesday, July 2, 2008
A Grasshopper Attacks
Last night we were doing laundry. Since our washer and dryer are out on our balcony, I had to go outside to grab our clothes out of the dryer. I brought them in and sat down on the couch to start folding. I happened to glance up at the wall across from me, and I saw the biggest grasshopper I have ever seen staring back down at me. I called Dan in to kill it for me. Dan said he didn't want grasshopper guts all over our wall, so he got out the broom to knock it around for a while until it was low enough on the wall that he could catch it. I freaked out every time Dan brushed it, because it would start flying around the room, and did I mention it was HUGE!! Dan thought that it was funny that during this time of complete terror, all I could think about was grabbing the camera to document the experience for the blog. We are proud to say that the grasshopper was caught and released, so it can now terrorize one of our unsuspecting neighbors. Here are a couple pictures of the ordeal:
Here is Dan capturing the hopper with one of our measuring cups, there was no way a normal cup would be big enough. I am so lucky that I married a guy with such a long armspan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm getting the willies just reading your blog! Yikes!!!! If we ever come across a giant grasshopper, we'll think of you!! I'm glad you survived the battle and won! I hope that grasshopper learns to stay out of your house!
Glad you are ok! Looks like an adventure!
I like the part where all you could think of is capturing it on film to share on the blog...you truly are my daughter! How about this for the title of the layout in the scrapbook "California Creatures are Cool, Creepy, but COOL!" Just a thought.
Post a Comment