Saturday, September 6, 2008

Gotta Love Campagning!

Dan and I were involved with campaigning for Proposition 8! So you wanna here something crazy? Well in 2000 Proposition 22 passed, 61% of California voted against same sex marriage being legal. Well 4 judges in San Francisco overturned that proposition dispite the majority vote, making same sex marriage legal. This November Proposition 8 is on the ballot to make same sex marriage illegal. And if it passes this time it will be an ammendment and will not be able to be overturned ever again. We have rallied with Christians in California to spread the word and support Proposition 8. We went door to door and made phone calls today. Most are receptive to our cause and agree with us. I love politics and fighting for my beliefs!

8 comments:

Contessa Elegante said...

Way to go! You guys are awesome! I almost wish I lived in California just so I could vote in favor! Good luck and I hope ya'll are successful!

Jenni McVey said...

What a fun job! Did you just volunteer to do that or is something that your ward is helping to push through? It looks like you are making some headway in CA! There really are a lot of people who want the right things!!!!!! Yeah!!!!

Caldwell said...

Good for you!

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

You guys must be huge political activists to have the guts to spend the entire day beating down the doors for a good cause. Or should I say busy beating down the phone lines! lol. We did our part so that's all that matters right?!

Amy said...

WAY TO GO!! That is great you are getting so involved and fighting for what you believe.

Jessica said...

Rock on Emilee and Dan!

Gordon & Stephaney said...

Way to go, Em.

dnbwilkesfamily said...

It's amazing how many people from all over the states are watching us and what happens here in Cali. I really hope this passes. Thanks for all your efforts. I'm excited that you blog. It's fun looking at all your adventures!