Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kinda like Christmas...

So last night, as you all know, was the big night for hearing about all of the ballot results. I have been super tired at night and usually go to bed around 8 or 9pm, pathetic I know! So all night I kept waking up wondering if Proposition 8 had passed. Finally I woke up at 6am, realizing that it wasn't too early, I jumped out of bed to see the results! To my great relief Proposition 8 had passed! (It was 52% for and 48% against, so a really close race) It honestly felt a lot like Christmas with the longing all night and the wonderful news in the morning! I am just so thankful that all of our campaigning has paid off and that the right has been able to prevail. For the last two days Dan and I have spent a couple of hours on street corners with prop 8 signs, it was really fun! We got a couple of nasty people passing by, but for the most part people would honk and give us a thumbs up. I was sad I didn't get a picture of us in action, we were busier doing better things!

2 comments:

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

I'm glad prop 8 passed. It was going to be scary if it didn't. Lets hope they don't try to overturn it again. Cute background by the way!

Chad and Lacy Johnson said...

That's awesome Emilee! I admire ya for doing that!