Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Festivities

Last Sunday Dan and I went to hear the Riverside Master Chorale Concert! It was at this beautiful old protestant church downtown in Riverside. The choir sang some music that was the genre of The Messiah. The composer of it actually wrote the music to the musical Newsies, the Mighty Duck movies, the new pixar movie Wall-e and tons of other movie music. The cool thing was that the composer was at the performance that night, kinda fun! Then the choir sang some familiar Christmas songs and at parts we got to sing along.
I tried to take a picture of the church, but it was dark so this is the best I could do!Tonight was the third night of Advent. If you listened to the 1st Presidency Devotional you will know of this German tradition that President Uchtdorf spoke of. Tonight's book that we read was one of Dan's favorites, " How the Grinch Stole Christmas".



5 comments:

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

Glad to hear you guys had fun at the concert! The place looks really cool!

Laurie said...

I'm so jealous that you are enjoying a CA Christmas. I hate snow! How are you feeling?

Leda said...

I love your background!

WEmily said...

Where did you get your circular Nativity thing?

Emilee said...

We got that from Germany actually. Our friend's Dad was there and picked it up for us.