Sunday, May 31, 2009

Jack at his finest

Our first week with Jack has been a fun/crazy one. We are getting to know him better and how he ticks. Dan was able to stay home all week with us which was really helpful. The first couple of days were filled with lots sleep deprivation, but we are finally getting our sleeping shifts down so that is good. We are obsessed with taking pictures of our little Jack, here are a few that we like a lot.
Jack likes to give his dad big hugs! Check out his gorilla arms.
Big stretches! I remember him doing this in my stomach which wasn't very comfortable!

Here is Jack on his first walk. He pretty much slept the whole time, but he sleeps a lot so that isn't any surprise.


Here is a pic of him with his eyes open. It is so much fun when he is awake, which only happens for 5.2 seconds during the day and 5.2 hours at night.

This wasn't one of Jack's happiest moments. We have been putting this off since we knew he wouldn't like it, and he didn't disappoint. His first bath at home was a sad one in which he screamed the whole time. Don't be fooled by this picture. He looks happy, but we just happened to take the picture between screams.

We love our little Jack!

7 comments:

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

I love that first picture! He is going to be a big boy!

The Mehr Family said...

Isn't that first week a shock! I'm sure you guys are doing so great! Have fun and enjoy it because that precious little newborn stage goes by so fast.

Contessa Elegante said...

Oh! So cute! Matt has always felt that if you can make it through the first two weeks, the rest is a piece of cake!

Nancy said...

Glad you survived the first week:)I'd love to catch up with you when you aren't sleeping, feeding, or playing with your adorable boy!

Jenni McVey said...

The exploding head!!! That's what we call the crazy, red faced screaming that little babies do! He has a really cute exploding head! I love his "bubble gum" cheeks. What a sweet little guy!

Morgan said...

Em! Congratulations! I was wondering if you had him or not. I am glad I checked. He is really cute. Enjoy life as a new mommy!

- Morgan

Rachel said...

I love these pictures. They reminded me how much Josh hated baths. Until he was four years old. Then he got a baby brother who liked them. And suddenly he realized how much he was embarrassing himself by screaming all through the bath. And he just started liking the bath.

Kids are nuts. But I am sure Jack will start liking the bath before age four.

PS: Josh takes showers now. By himself. And no crying!