Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Piece of Cake?

Some friends and I decided it would be fun to take a cake decorating class at Michaels! This was our first week of decorating a cake and it definitely wasn't a piece of cake! Our instructor made things look so easy when she demonstrated, my dreams of glorious cakes were soon crushed when I started my own! However with a little practice I started feeling more confident.

Cindy and I practicing our mad skills :)
Robyn and Liz being domestic!Well here is my first cake. I made it up as I went, as you can see! We weren't given much time, so hopefully I can do more on my next one.

6 comments:

Contessa Elegante said...

How fun! It looks beautiful!

Beth said...

Good job Em! I took that class and I definitely know how you feel... it's tons harder than it looks1 Looks like you're catchin on pretty fast though; your cake looks great!

Laurie said...

it's so pretty. You made it look easy too! Great job!

Caldwell said...

How fun! The cake looks great! You guys can come teach me when you are done!

Laura Chapman said...

That's so fun. I loved my cake decorating class but I just don't get to use those skills very often. That would be a lot of cake to eat just to practice too!

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

I wish we had more time too! My goal next class is to frost my cake right! lol.