Saturday, September 19, 2009

San Diego

We decided that is was time for a little trip before school starts for Dan next week. So we packed up and traveled south for an hour and a half to San Diego! We visited the harbor and got to see some amazing ships!

We visited Cabrillo National Monument. Dan and Jack had fun exploring the tidepools!The lighthouse was really cool. It was the first lighthouse I have been to. The outlook was breathtaking!

Jack liked to hold the water on our walks!


We stopped by Old Town San Diego. We ate lunch at this Mexican restaurant and watched these girls dance to mariachi music. It was very authentic, or as authentic as touristy places get!



La Jolla Beach was beautiful. It was overcast and felt great as we walked along the coast. I could have stayed there all day!




We also stopped at the San Diego Temple. I have seen it from the freeway, but have never stopped.

We found this little sandwich shop called 'Devine Pastabilities'! They made these pasta sandwiches. Dan had a lazagna sub.


Every time I went for a drink, Jack would start sucking on the cup! He makes us laugh :)

2 comments:

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

Glad you got to get away before school starts!

Contessa Elegante said...

How fun! I can't believe how big Jack looks! We're so sad you're so far away!!
Glad you had fun!