Sunday, September 12, 2010

All Done!

After 2 months time and miles tread on my sewing machine I have finally finished Jack's quiet book! I am so proud of this little book because I am not necessarily the crafty creative type. However, thanks to collaborating with family & friends and Jack's long naps, I have finished! Each page is double sided with activities and the pages can be taken off the rings. I loved that it could be a book or when I have more than one kid, I can hand out individual pages! I can also add to my book when I want to. I did the pages on Muslin and between the double sided pages I placed two pages of heavy pellon.
Count the beads and move them along the elastic


Unzip the tent to see a sleeping guy / Slide the rocket to the moon

Lace the football / Reach into the fish bowl for the fish

Spin the hands of the clock / weave the apple basket
Velcro on shapes / Mirror

Unsnap phone to answer / Snap birds onto power line
Velcro on butterfly, flowers,caterpillar / Write notes and put into mailbox and raise or lower flag
Velcro on stop sign, yield sign, traffic light. Drive the motorcycle around and park in garage.
Jack thought it was pretty cool. He kept saying, "wow, wow"! Hopefully it is cool enough to entertain him in sacrament meeting for awhile :)

10 comments:

Heather Feather said...

How cute! I love it, and every page is so creative! You did a great job!

Caldwell said...

Wow, that's pretty awesome! I always wanted to do something like that for the girls when they were younger, but I never took the leap to do it. Good for you!

WEmily said...

Great job! I have thought about making one of these, but never got around to it. You did a great job!

Contessa Elegante said...

That's awesome! Way to go! I'm sure it will keep him super busy and happy too! Give the cute little guy a big hug (from me), and Dan too (also from me)!

Hanson Family said...

Very cute book... way to go!!!

The Mehr Family said...

Wow Emilee! That is so cool! I wish I could make something like that!

Elise said...

Wow, cool book! I want to make one of these! I like all your ideas, it must be nice to be done! Good job :)

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

Good job Em! Looks like Jack is enjoying it!

The Jones Family said...

Very cool! Did you come up with it yourself or from a website? If so, which website?

Heather Feather said...

So I hope you don't mind, but i'm going to use some of your ideas to make a quiet book for my nephew for Christmas! Thanks for the great idea!