For some time now I have been wanting a dehydrator do make more healthy snacks for Jack and to broaden our food storage possibilies. Well we bought an Excalibur Dehydrator last week! This weekend hit up the local farmers market then decided to try to dehydrate some stuff.
Butternut squash, beets, zucchini, carrots, sweet potatoes, and green beans....
4 comments:
I recently read a blog...(let me see if I can find the address) where the food storage awesome lady dried tomatoes and pumpkins and other veggies like that and then stuck them in a blender to turn them into a powder. Add a little water to powdered tomatoes - and presto, tomato sauce. And takes up way less space then actually canning sauce. The site was providenthomemaker.com and then click on her blog.
Wow, those look great. We mostly use our dehydrator to make beef jerky. It's great for hiking and camping. Plus it came in handy when Emily was little and went through a stage of not eating meat. She still loved beef jerky for some reason. Look for a good sale on London Broil if you want to give it a try!
Very cool! I love dried fruit! We never did much with dried veggies, but I didn't really know you could add water to reconstitute. Makes sense! Have fun with it!
I got one for Christmas this past year too! A much smaller one though. You gave me some ideas, thanks!
Post a Comment