
Dan and I went with some friends to Huntington Beach on Saturday. When we showed up to the beach there were a lot of tents set up and lots of people, we then came to find out that the US Open for Surfing was that day. It was amazing to watch the professional surfers ride the waves! They also had a stage set up by us and some bands played through out the day, it was really fun to be a part of all the festivities! Our friend brought his boogie board, the guys finally convinced me to try it and now I am addicted! The way it works is you get out into the water up to your waist or chest, when a wave almost reaches you is when you push off and the wave carries you to shore, it is really fun! The only thing I didn't like about it was the salt water, it stings your eyes and it tastes really nasty. You would think spending all day at the beach would make for a long day, but it goes by so fast and then you don't want to go home.

Here is us on the pier!

For lunch we went to this place called Ruby's, it was super cool because is was on the pier! Ruby's had great food and a great view of the ocean!
4 comments:
Jake says you guys always look so cute together and you're always having so much fun! I say, wow Emilee you got your tan on! And you are so brave to boogie board! I'm glad you're 'taking every opportunity to enjoy yourself' :)
Wow! That sounds like SO much fun! I have always wanted to see a surfing competition! You guys are definately living the life! Very cool blog background too! It's very fitting for California life!
So jealous! it's been so long since we've been to the beach.
What's that stuff on Dan's face? ...I guess you guys aren't at good old BYU any more!
Post a Comment