Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Normal Day

Today was a normal day. At about 11:45 I started to get things wrapped up right before my lunch break, as I usually do. I was at my desk typing away when all of a sudden everything started to shake. I just sat at my desk, as most Californians do, and waited for a second to see if it was going to stop. It continued to shake, I then started seeing my co-workers (born and bred Californians) running for their doorways. I figured if they were running, it must be a big deal and I in turn also got up and started for a doorway. The shaking stopped and all was okay. Earthquakes happen so fast, it isn't till they are done that I actually register what happened! So yes, I experienced a 5.4 earthquake today followed by 27 episodes of aftershock (all of which we luckily didn't feel). What started out as a normal day abruptly became a day of awareness, the awareness of life and how quickly it could be over. Be grateful for uneventful days :)

3 comments:

Contessa Elegante said...

Glad you guys are ok! I was just coming to see if you guys felt the earthquake!

Jenni McVey said...

It's crazy how a normal day can be interrupted by quite a shake! You are definitely having some California Adventures!!!!

Laurie said...

Scary! I thought about you guys when I saw the earthquake in the news. what a great California welcome!